Meatloaf Ingredients: 4 to 5 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound good ground sausage
- 3 slices “Whole Wheat Beer Bread” (see my recipe), torn in very small pieces,or use any of my Beer Bread recipes.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 medium onion, minced (red, white, or yellow, your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each of these spices: ground black pepper, dry mustard, sage, garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, loose not packed
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix all meatloaf ingredients thoroughly. Shape into a loaf and place on a boiling pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until done. (For easy cleaning spray top of pan with Pam Spray and line the bottom of the pan with foil)
When the meatloaf is finished cooking let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.