- 1 c fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- optional 1/2 t salt (taste your Parmesan cheese, sometimes you won’t need to add this salt)
- optional 1/4 t pine nuts, chopped
- optional 1/2 c fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- Ready for use, or cover and refrigerate for use later that day, or freeze immediately.
Yields approximately 2 cups of sauce