- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 green apple, cored, cut into 1/2″ cubes with skin on
- 4 green onions, sliced (my kitchen scissors make quick work of this)
- 1/2 c candied pecans or candied walnuts, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 400
Toss potatoes with a drizzle of Olive Oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast between 15 and 20 minutes. You are looking for the potatoes to be soft not mushy. Once roasted, remove from oven and set aside. In a large skillet, over medium heat add the bacon and gently fry until the bacon starts to crisp up. Add the onion and apple and continue to cook until the onions are soft. Add the green onions and potatoes and continue to cook over medium heat until the potatoes are heated thoroughly and starting to crisp up, about 10 minutes. Add the candied pecans or candied walnuts and toss until well mixed. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield 4 servings.
*This recipe was adapted from Chef Anne Burrell’s Sweet Potato Apple Hash, to meet my taste.