- 2 3/4 to 3 pound Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
- all meat seasoning (I just love the one I get from “The Old Butcher Shoppe” here in Evansville Indiana) (Paleo followers omit this ingredient)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth (Again I make mine with “Das Dutchman Essenhaus Chicken Base”)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & quartered
- 1/4 of a red onion, roughly sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into four pieces each (or making it simple, buy the package of baby carrots)
- 2 potatoes, skin on, quartered (substitute sweet potatoes if you would like)
Pat dry the beef roast with paper towels. Generously season the roast with an all meat seasoning. Pour the chicken broth into the crock pot, add the bell pepper, then place the roast over them. Add the onion, carrots and then the potatoes. Sprinkle more all meat seasoning over the top layer of vegetables. Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours, but preferably 10 hrs. When served you should find that the roast is slightly light pink and melts in your mouth. The potatoes and carrots are fully cooked but not mushy. Just a fabulously easy way of cooking a beef roast for dinner while you are working.
Suggestions: This dish is wonderful with a side dish of Southern Green Beans or a nice fresh spinach salad.