- Pizza Pie Dough (see my recipe)
- Pesto Sauce (see my recipe)
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 can of a 6.5 oz can of California Style Marinated Artichoke Hearts, sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/4 of a large red onion, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven at 450, if you’re using a pizza baking stone then put it in the oven at this time to preheat with your oven.
Place your rolled out pizza dough on a large piece of parchment paper. Generously spread the pesto sauce over the pizza skin. Sprinkle the shredded spinach atop of the pesto sauce. Add all three cheeses, always working from the outside inward. Place the sliced artichoke hearts over the cheese, about 1/2 an inch apart. Then sprinkle the diced red onion followed by the diced tomatoes and lastly the sliced green onions.
When using a baking sheet, transfer the parchment paper with the pizza on top of it onto the baking sheet at this time. If you’re using a pizza baking stone, then take the stone from the oven (watch out it’s really hot). Lift the parchment paper by the sides and transfer the pizza along with the parchment paper onto the baking stone.
Bake for 10 minutes at 450, then lower heat to 400 and bake an additional 10 minutes. Crust should be browned and crisp, cheese should be melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.