Ingredients: serving for 2
- 3 eggs plus an extra yolk
- 2 Tb butter
- 3 Tb “Chunky Tomato Salsa” see my recipe
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk the eggs and yolk until they are thoroughly combined. (Keep away from beating them as it breaks down the eggs) You just want a pure yellow coloring throughout.
- Heat the butter in the 8″ skillet over medium heat until it is completely melted, swirling it to coat the skillet. (Be careful not to let the butter brown, as this indicates the skillet is to hot and the butter has gone past the melted stage.)
- Fold the salsa into the egg mixture and add to the skillet. With a rubber spatula constantly and firmly scrap along the bottom and sides of the skillet until the eggs begin to clump. You will notice the spatula leaves a trail on the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low and gently but constantly fold eggs until all clumped and just slightly wet.
- Once the eggs are scrambled sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and transfer them immediately to a warm plate. Try not to let them sit in the skillet as they will continue to cook. (Eggs are very delicate and sensitive to heat.)