- 1 Tb Olive Oil (Paleo followers increase to 2 Tb if not using clarified butter)
- 2 Tb salted butter (Paleo followers omit this ingredient or substitute with clarified butter)
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced or sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup of fresh sweet corn
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- cracked black pepper
- kosher salt (Paleo followers omit this ingredient)
In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter into the Olive Oil. Add the red onion, celery and carrots and saute for about 4 minutes, until they are softened slightly. Add the garlic and continue to saute until you smell the garlic, or what is called when it becomes fragrant. Now add in the sweet corn, Roma tomatoes and mix well with the other ingredients. Season with crack black pepper and kosher salt to taste, serve warm.
Suggestions: I love to mix this medley with prepared Basmati Rice. It’s delicious. Try adding summer squash when in season to this mixture.