- 3 Tb Butter, salted, melted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tb plus 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tb sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bottle Budweiser Beer, Coors can be substituted, but when using any other beer you will want to consider the beer’s flavor and how it will affect the taste of your finished bread.
Preheat oven to 350 and butter a bread loaf pan.
In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the sugar and light brown sugar then sprinkle the cheese and parsley and toss until they are well coated with the mixture. Pour the beer in and mix with a wooden spoon until blended. Pour the bread batter into the buttered loaf pan and pour the melted butter on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.