- 2 cups Ditalini Pasta “or salad pasta” cooked as per packaged directions
- 1 3/4 cups fresh sweet corn kernels, rinsed and drained. (can substitute with frozen)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cheese Crumbles, Monterey Jack, Colby and Cheddar, diced
- 1/4 cup plus optional 2 Tb Italian Dressing, divided use
- Salt for seasoning
- Cracked Black Pepper for seasoning
After preparing the pasta following the packaged directions place the pasta in a colander over a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to continue to drain and cool.
Place pasta in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with 1/4 cup of the Italian Dressing. Let sit for another 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
Combine the fresh sweet corn kernels, green onions, celery, carrots, parsley and cheese and add to the marinated pasta. Add the extra 2 tablespoons of Italian Dressing is necessary to moisten the pasta and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Season with salt and cracked black pepper, refrigerate until serving.
Suggestions: This is a great salad to take on a picnic. This is no egg based dressing used so it won’t sour. Try add finely diced salami or ham to this salad, it taste great. I just love how pieces of goodness and flavor hide in these little spheres of macaroni.