- 4 flour 10″ flour tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 a head of Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Chunky Tomato Salsa (see my recipe)
- 1 @ 16oz can refried beans, warmed
- sour cream,
- Chipotle Chicken (see my recipe below)
Chipotle Chicken Recipe & Ingredients:
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 Tb all-purpose meat seasoning, (I get mine from “The Old Fashioned Butcher Shoppe” here in Evansville)
- 1 Tb Cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 4 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth, (I use “Das Dutchman Esenhaus Chicken Base”)
Rub chicken thighs with all the dry seasonings, place in a gallon ziplock bag, add the Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, mix well and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I marinate them overnight. Using a crock pot, add the marinated chicken thighs, pour the chicken broth over them. Cook on low all day. Remove meat from bones if it hasn’t already fallen off.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add enough vegetable oil to measure about 1/2″ in-depth. Fry each flour tortilla separately until browned on each side. Place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm until assembly.
Make sure your refried beans and Chipotle Chicken are both warm or hot and start with the assembly process.
Assembly: Spread a thin layer of the refried beans over the fried flour tortillas, add the Chipotle Chicken over that. Sprinkle with the Mexican cheese blend then dot with the Chunky Tomato Salsa. Place a layer of the shredded Romaine Lettuce then a couple of dollops of sour cream.