- 2 cups shredded beef, chopped (see my recipe for “Shredded Beef in a Crockpot” Beef Carnitas)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- cracked black pepper to season
- a pinch of garlic salt
- a dash of cumin
- 12 corn tortillas, softened
- 1 1/4 cups “Red Enchilada Sauce” (see my recipe)
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican Cheddar Cheese blend
Preheat oven 350 and spray a 11x7x2 baking dish with Pam Spray.
In a medium skillet warm the beef, onion, tomato, garlic and sweet corn together over medium low heat. Season with the cracked black pepper, garlic salt and cumin.
Place a tablespoon or so of the beef carnitas mixture off-center in the soft corn tortilla. Roll the tortilla firmly and place them side by side in the baking dish. When all twelve are in the pan pour the Enchilada Sauce over the top, covering each one of them. Sprinkle with the Mexican Cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes then remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.