- 4 tomatoes, cored,seeded and chopped
- 1/2 of each bell pepper, chopped – Green, Yellow and Red
- 3/4 cup sweet corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 a jalapeno, cored, seeded and finely diced
- juice & zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1 Tb hot sauce
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- kosher salt (optional)
Combine all ingredients then season with the crack black pepper and kosher salt to your liking. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours so that all the veggies flavors introduce themselves to one another.
Suggestions: Serve with homemade corn tortilla chips. A young woman suggested that I might want to add this to cooked pasta for a wonderful macaroni salad. I’m thinking I will try that next. If you want the salsa spicier use the entire jalapeno with seeds and core. Try using this salsa on baked fish, chicken or pork.