First of all I have to say Thank you so much Amy for nominating my recipe blog. It truly means so much to me. Amy has a blog I have been following and enjoying from almost the beginning of venturing into this world of blogs. If you haven’t checked it out you must. You can find her at http://afternoonpopcornsnack.com Please stop by and see everything she has to offer.
It’s taken me over a week to figure out what all this is about, slow learner I guess so now I am obligated to follow the rules. There are a few blogs I would like to nominate for this award….paying it forward. The following nominees are in no particular order, but I enjoy these blogs very much and make time to follower them on a regular basis. You can find links to their blogs on my sidebar.
The nominees are:
- Going Dutch @ http://malouprestado.com/
- A Modern Christian Woman @ http://modernchristianwoman.wordpress.com/
- While Chasing Kids @ http://russianmomcooks.com/
- Switters B & Fly Fishing @ http://swittersb.wordpress.com/
- How Small a Trout @ http://howsmallatrout.wordpress.com/
- Classic Fry Sweden @ http://classicflysweden.wordpress.com/
- Bucket List Publications @ http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/
- Joe Graff’s Recipe Blog @ http://joegraff.wordpress.com/
- Cookies & Beans @ http://meggieana.wordpress.com/
- Frugal Feeding @ http://frugalfeeding.wordpress.com/
Now one reason it took me a bit to get this posted is I didn’t realize that when your nominated you are actually awarded the honor of the Versatile Blogger Award, then you pay if forward. So Nominees don’t forget to pay it forward and follow the “Versatile Blogger” Award rules which you can find at http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/
Now I am requested to tell 7 things about myself that you don’t know or I’m thinking I would rather you didn’t know.
- I owned, operated and lost a restaurant once….and yet I still dream of opening another one. CRAZY!
- Cooking is an obsession for me, a stress reliever for me and pure enjoyment for me.
- I once told my boyfriend that I wanted to learn to fly fish like Brad Pitt. He took me seriously and book lessons for my birthday. I’ve been fly fishing ever since and it too has become an obsession.
- I love to bird watch from our kitchen table…well actually I just love looking out from the kitchen table. I can pass many hours just sitting there watching all of the wild life out on the deck and in the woods.
- I used to be an extremely talented dancer, but you would never know that if you have watched me get of the ground after sitting Indian style. (No grace of any kind nowadays)
- I once sang on a Christmas album and was part of an elite choir group…but after many years of coaching my son in football and baseball, and yes I said coaching not watching….my voice is only good for yelling now. Can’t sing a lick anymore.
- I once applied for a job with Coach Tom Landry….not as his secretary, but as a coach. It was priceless to receive a letter of regrets from him. I knew I wouldn’t get in, but I was in hopes he would see my resume…he did and replied.
So I think I have followed all the rules in regards to being nominated and receiving the “Versatile Blogger Award”. If I missed something please let me know. WhooHoo, Thanks again Amy for nominated me, now I am off to cook something delicious so I can blog about it. Oh and trying to figure out how to put this award image on my sidebar…that could take me weeks to figure out.