I just love it when Mark cooks dinner. Not only are his meals tasty, but no fuss and easy to replicate. Here’s one of my all time favorite dinners that he surprises me with.
Ingredients: yields about 6 kabobs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 6 pieces each.
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and seeded, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges, you’ll want about 18 good size wedges total
- 12 new potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges each
- juice & zest of 1 lime
- juice & zest of 1 lemon
- salt & cracked black pepper for seasoning
Heat up your grill on medium low to medium heat. Combine the juice and zest from the lemon and lime and set aside. Assemble your kabob skewers by evenly distributing your ingredients and alternating them on the skewers. Mark likes to use potatoes pieces on the ends to hold everything on. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle some of the lemon lime mixture over the kabobs. Place them right on the grill and cook for 1 hour, rotating every 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and you have a nice char on everything. Baste with the lemon lime mixture periodically.