- 8 to 12 ounces of whole mushrooms, washed,dried, stems removed
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium size bowl combine the Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Kosher salt and black pepper. In another medium size bowl whisk the egg.
Place the mushrooms into the whisked egg, toss until well coated. Remove one by one and place in the bread crumb mixture and again toss until well coated. Shake off excess and place each one on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until thoroughly cooked. I like to put a bit of shredded Parmesan cheese on the top and stick them back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. If you choose not to do this then cook them for a total of 15 minutes rather than 10.