- 6 Tb salted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided use
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, sifted with the flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups whole cherries, then pit and chop them.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan or walnuts, or a mixture of both
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Using a 3 quart deep sided baking pot melt the butter in the oven. Whisk together 1 cup of the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, milk and heavy cream. Pour this batter mixture into the baking pot over the melted butter. Combine the cubed peaches and chopped cherries then dump them over the batter mixture. Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, the brown sugar, chopped nuts and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the peaches and cherries. Bake about 55 minutes until the batter has risen to the top and is golden brown.