The harvest of summer is upon us. It’s early but you have to take advantage of all the bounty and try using the vegetables in different ways. Green Bell Peppers are currently in abundance so here is one way we use them up.
Ingredients: for a single serving
- Bell Pepper, washed, cored, top sliced off, or halve them.
- 1 egg if using the pepper standing up, 2 eggs if using them halved
- cooked sausage, crumbled (leftovers)
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Roma Tomato slices for garish
Preheat oven to 350
I started using the bell peppers halved but sometimes the egg runs out. So when using them whole you can stuff them with more ingredients. Either way at the bottom of the pepper add the crumbled cooked sausage, top with 1 cracked egg, season with salt and pepper. Place in a pie pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg is cooked fully. Before serving sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the tops and garnish with sliced tomatoes.