Ingredients: 4-5 servings
- 3 pound boneless Pork Shoulder
- “Chipotle Rub” (see my recipe below, use the entire amount)
Chipotle Rub Ingredients:
- 1 @ 7oz Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 Tb Mexican Oregano, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fully combined.
Rub the entire pork shoulder with the Chipotle Rub. Put into a gallon zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight. We use our Green Egg Smoker at a temperature of 220 to smoke the pork shoulder for 8 hours. Remove from smoker and let rest for 15 minutes or so before carving or pulling apart.
Suggestions: A traditional southern way of serving smoked pork would be to serve it over “Hoe Cakes” with a drizzle of BBQ Sauce.