Ingredients: serves 4 people
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 Tb salted butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow potato, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced thickly, about 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 tomato, sliced thickly, about 1/4 inch thickness
- Kosher salt to season
- cracked black pepper to season
- 1 large orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Heat oven to 375 and butter a deep baking dish.
In a small skillet melt the Olive Oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened. Place half of the sautéed onion and garlic in the bottom of the baking dish. Place half of the sliced potato over the onion and garlic. Then layer the summer squash followed by the tomato slices and the remaining potato slices. Season with the Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Layer with the orange bell pepper and the remaining onion/garlic/butter/olive oil mixture then sprinkle with the chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover or lid and bake an additional 30 minutes.