- 1 whole chicken, quartered (cut out and remove the back bone, then cut into 4 pieces)
- 2 Tb all-purpose meat seasoning, (I get mine from “The Old Fashioned Butcher Shoppe” here in Evansville)
- 1 Tb Cumin
- 2 tsp Mexican Oregano, ground
- 1 tsp Thyme, ground
- 4 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth, (I use “Das Dutchman Esenhaus Chicken Base”)
Combine all dry spices and rub chicken pieces thoroughly. Place in a gallon ziplock bag, add the Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, mix well and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I marinate them overnight. Using a crock pot, add the marinated chicken thighs, pour the chicken broth over them. Cook on low all day. Remove meat from bones if it hasn’t already fallen off. Discard bones and skin.
Suggestions: Use this flavorful shredded chicken in your tacos, enchiladas, tamales, casseroles and even chicken pot pie.