Oh my gosh, Thank you so much Teresa for your generous nomination of the Liebster Blog Award. Anyone who follows or just views my blog needs to visit Teresa’s blog. It is full of great recipes, techniques, step by steps and inspiration. I never thought about developing a blog friendship on this journey, but I don’t know what I would do without her blog or without her opinions on my recipes. You can find her lovely blog at cantstayoutofthekitchen.com
Thank you so much Teresa for your inspiration and internet friendship.
There are 5 rules for this blog award and here they are:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them.
- Answer the 11 questions proposed by the person who nominated you.
- Select 11 people or blogs for the award.
- Pose 11 new questions to the new nominees.
Here are the 11 questions that were asked of me.
1. When did you first start cooking? I starting cooking in a 7th grade cooking class and haven’t stop since.
2. What would your “last” meal be? A sweet Maine Lobster
3. What is your favorite form of exercise and how often do you do it? Gardening, not enough. I would love to be able to garden everyday.
4. Is there anything you would really like to learn how to cook that you have not made before? Italian Homemade Pastas
5. What is your favorite hobby and how did you get started doing it? Fly-fishing…. I was watching the movie “A River Runs Through It” with Mark. His first time seeing this movie, one of my numerous times watching it. I made a comment to Mark that I would love to learn how to fly fish just like Brad Pitt in the movie. A few months later on my birthday he surprised me with a Fly Fishing vacation in the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee complete with an instructional guide of my own for 2 days. I was hooked. For me, while fly fishing, it’s the closest I feel to God.
6. If you were able to cook a meal for ANY person in the world, who would that special person or family be? My Grandmother, she has passed and I would have loved to share many more meals with her. She never got to see me at peace with my life.
7. What is one of your worst cooking disasters? Explain what happened. I was about 16 and my father had gone deep-sea fishing with the Rotary Club. He had bragged about what a wonderful cook I was and how he was sure I could make a wonderful meal with the mackerel he had caught and was bringing home. Upon receipt of all that fresh mackerel I proceeded to dice them up, toss them with butter, garlic and parsley. Wrap them in foil and steam them in the oven. We all sat down to dinner, everyone with their very own foil package to open and enjoy. I was devastated to find that mackerel has many tiny bones and I had just dice all of them so fine that no one could eat even a bite of the steamed fish. We had to throw it all out. Oops! But I did have a chocolate mouse prepared for dessert.
8. What is the last thing you can ever imagine yourself cooking or trying out as a new recipe? Anything with brains, feet or tongue.
9. What do you hope to accomplish through your blog? I’m trying to compile my recipes so that I create a cookbook to share with my son, niece, family members and friends.
10. If you had unlimited funds, describe your dream kitchen. I am in love with Paula Deen’s kitchen….I would love to have one just like it, complete with the deep fryers.
11. If you were to host a dinner party in your home and you could invite anyone in the world, name 5 people you don’t currently know that you would want to get to know and why. 1. Tom Landry,I so admired him as a coach and christian when I was young. 2. Emmit Smith, seems to be so down to earth and oh what an athlete. I would love to pick his brain on skills and techniques of football. 3. My Grandfather on my mother side, He passed when I was very young. I would love to hear his life’s stories. 4. Martin Luther King, I want to hear more about his vision for our country, his life experiences and his relationship with the Lord. 5. Abraham Lincoln, I would be honored to listen to anything this wonderfully gentle man had to say.
Now for my 11 nominations:
- Modern Christian Woman @ modernchristianwoman.wordpress.com
- Acorn in the Kitchen @ acorninmykitchen.wordpress.com/a…
- How Small a Trout @ howsmallatrout.wordpress.com
- Afternoon Popcorn Snack @ afternoonpopcornsnack.com
- Back Road Journal @ backroadjournal.wordpress.com
- Bucket List Publications @ lesleycarter.wordpress.com
- Cookies & Beans @ meggieana.wordpress.com
- Food Ventures @ foodsventures.wordpress.com
- Homemade Delish @ homemadedelish.com
- Going Dutch @ malouprestado.com
- Frugal Feeding @ frugalfeeding.wordpress.com
Here are the 11 questions I propose for my nominees:
- What do you do for a living?
- What would be your dream career or job?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who would you like to cook a meal for you and what do you want them to cook?
- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
- Who is your favorite Disney character?
- What is your favorite song?
- When is the last time you danced?
- Between the smell of freshly mowed grass and a spring rain which do you prefer?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Do you feel you are a participant or a spectator in life?
Wow, now that’s a blog. Again I am very appreciative of my award and hope to be notifying my nominees as soon as possible. Hopefully many of your will read this blog and save us both some time. I apologize for any misspelled words and run on sentences, this was a doozy to write. Hoping y’all are having a wonderful weekend and enjoying some good ole homecooking with recipes from my kitchen. See you all on Monday.