Oh my, this crisp I made from my leftover “Cranberry Salsa” is absolutely a show stopper. Not only does it look lovely, but it’s flavor is right on spot.
- at least 2 cups “Cranberry Salsa” leftovers, or use the entire recipe
- 1 additional Honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 TB salted butter, softened, sliced
Preheat your oven to 375. Butter a 3 quart baking dish completely.
In a large bowl combine the leftover “Cranberry Salsa”, the additional apple, blueberries, flour and cornstarch. Mix these ingredients well and pour into your buttered baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed and crumbly. Spread the topping over the cranberry mixture. Bake for 40 minutes until topping is lightly browned.