This is an easy way to make a lasagna dish. Mark and I are trying to add more greens to our diet. This recipe fits the bill perfectly and taste fabulous.
Ingredients: serves 4 to 6 people
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 1 large leaf of Kale, pull the leafy part away from the stem, finely chopped
- 2 heaping handfuls of fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided use
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided use
- 1 jar @ 24 oz spaghetti sauce, (I use Newman’s Own Tomato & Basil)
Cook your lasagna noodles al dente by placing them in boiling water that has had salt and olive oil added to it. Boil for 8 minutes. Lay out foil on a counter, spray with pan spray, then place the boiled and drained noodles on the foil to lie flat until needed.
Preheat your oven to 375 and spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with pan spray.
In a bowl combine the chopped kale, spinach, onion, garlic, basil, Ricotta Cheese, salt, pepper, 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Mix all these ingredient until well blended.
Lay a lasagna noodle out flat and place spoonfuls of the mixture on the noodle. Use your fingers to spread the mixture out over the noodle. Roll the noodle up and place on its side in the baking dish. Place each roll up side by side. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the roll ups. Mix the remaining 1 cup of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese together and sprinkle over the top of the sauce covered roll ups. Cover with foil. I like to spray the foil with pan spray to keep the cheese from sticking. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Let rest for about 5 minutes or so before serving.