Whether you call it a smoothie or blend, I am addicted to my morning drink of greens, veggies and fruit. Over the last few months I have been making an effort to start my day off in a healthier manner. So, for me, these smoothies were the answer. Now I even have Mark on board, although I don’t think he craves them as I do. I find my body loves the boost of energy I receive and because it’s not juicing the boost stays with me for hours without crashing. This recipe is just one of my many creations for the two of us.
- a handful of fresh Kale, stripped off the stem
- a handful of fresh spinach
- half a large cucumber or 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 banana
- the flesh of 1 orange
- 1 green apple, peeled and cubed
- a tablespoon or so of honey
- a good sprinkle of ginger crystals
- about a cup of water or as I did this morning white cranberry juice
Put everything into your blender, smoothie maker, food processor or ninja. Pulse until completely blended. If you would rather it be thinner, add more liquid. I don’t mind a bit of a chew.
Suggestions: Adding celery would also be great if you want to spice it up a bit.