Mark loves corn casserole….but if you have followed me for any time at all you realize I just have to add some of my favorite ingredients. So here is my version of a Corn Casserole.
Ingredients: yields 10-15 servings
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels, or 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 Kale leaves, pulled from the stem and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper plus a good couple of shakes
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
Preheat your oven to 350.
Slice butter and place the slices in a 8 x 12 baking pan. Place in oven until the butter is melted. In a medium bowl mix together the cream-style corn, corn kernels, Kale, garlic, cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, sour cream, salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, add into the corn mixture along with the Jiffy corn muffin mix and stir well. Pour into the hot buttered dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes until golden brown.