Ingredients added to your regularly used pancake batter:
- 1 TB sugar
- a couple sprinkles of cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen fresh Cranberries
Ingredients added to your regularly used maple syrup:
- 2 TB salted butter
- a handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- a handful of pecans, roughly chopped
- a couple of tableware teaspoons of dark brown sugar
Using your food processor, grind the cranberries and add them along with the sugar and cinnamon to your regularly used pancake batter. Cook your pancakes just like you always do.
In medium skillet over medium heat melt the butter, add the roughly chopped walnuts and pecans, toss in the butter and toast for about 5 minutes until they become fragrant. Reduce the heat to low, cool slightly then add your maple syrup to the level you desire. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and toss until all the nuts are well coated. I set the mixture aside to cool a bit before serving.