I’m sure many of you have these kinds of nights. I walk in the door from work, very hungry, but also very tired and just don’t have the energy to make the big ole dinner I want. So I have to think quick and easy on my feet. Here is one of those recipes I hope you will enjoy.
Ingredients: yields a dinner for 4
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 5 TB salted butter, sliced
- 1 bag @ 40-60 count frozen medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced green and white parts
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- a couple handfuls of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Farfalle “Bow Tie” Pasta, enough to feed 4 people, boiled al dente
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided use
Use a medium baking dish, about a 8×11. Place the olive oil, butter, sliced green onions and garlic in the baking dish and bake in the oven just until it becomes fragrant and the butter has started to melt. Remove and toss in the frozen shrimp. Make sure it’s coated well. Return to the oven and bake until the shrimp starts turning pink in color. This may take 10-15 minutes. Now season with a good sprinkle of the Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Toss in the pasta, sliced tomatoes and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, mix well. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top of the pasta mixture and bake for another 7 minutes or so until the cheese starts to melt. Serve warm with some leftover “Cheddar Cheese Popovers”.