It’s that time of the season, the beginning of summer and the fruits of our labor are coming into a time of their own. I just love using fresh ingredients in different ways to create a new spin on an old favorite.
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 yellow zucchini, peeled and diced (that’s right, there is such a thing and its delicious)
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
- 2 tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 cup minced parsley, that’s about 2 handfuls
- half a red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 avocados
In a large glass bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the avocados. Using a smaller glass bowl, mash the avocado flesh with a fork until only a few chunks remain. Toss the mashed avocados into the larger bowl and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Suggestions: Try frying some Spinach Flour Tortillas chips to serve with this salsa. Yummy!