When you get the chance to shop at a local Farmer’s Market, take it. You’ll love all the surprises they have. This time I found some chocolate cherry tomatoes (or black cherry tomatoes) and sun sugar cherry tomatoes. Boy oh boy are these cherry tomatoes a treat.
- a handful of Chocolate cherry tomatoes
- a handful of Sun Sugar cherry tomatoes
- half a yellow zucchini, sliced
- half a yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small purple bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Salted butter slices
- a handful of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat your oven to 350 and spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with pan spray.
In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, garlic and parsley. Drizzle with Olive Oil and toss so that everything is lightly coated. Sprinkle with some Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place the slices of butter on top and bake for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. Using this as a topping for pasta. Try it with pasta and my Purple Basil Pesto Sauce.