This is the perfect addition to a pulled pork sandwich…..or in my case… a shredded chicken taco.
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 TB sugar
- 1 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 head of green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 to 3 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 yellow squash, peeled and thinly sliced
Soak the sliced red onion in salted water for about 30 minutes. Rinse and drain them well. In a large bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, Olive Oil, Salt and pepper, mix until the sugar has fully dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.