Need a simple no meat dish. Here’s one I like to have on our Meatless Mondays. Well we don’t actually have it on Mondays, but we do eat it when I am serving a meatless dinner.
Ingredients: 4 to 5 servings
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 handful of parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese, plus some for sprinkling the top
- about 2 tablespoons of Olive OIl
- sprinkle of Kosher Salt and Ground Black pepper to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- half a box of Bow-Tie Pasta, cooked al dente
Preheat your oven to 350, butter the bottom and sides of a baking dish. Using a food processor, add the basil, parsley, garlic, walnuts, 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil, Kosher salt and black pepper. Process these ingredients until smooth. Toss this pesto sauce with the cooked Bow-Tie Pasta until all is well coated. Spread half of the pesto and pasta in your baking dish, layer with the tomato slices from 1 of the tomatoes. Spread the rest of the pasta on top of that, then add the remaining tomato slices. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan Cheese and bake until the cheese melts, 10 to 15 minutes.