While we were enjoying our “Leftover Delight” dinner of Butternut Squash & Chipotle Chicken Stew Mark said “This would be great in an enchilada type thingy.” So that’s exactly what you have here in this recipe. We absolutely enjoyed this new spin on enchiladas.
- about 3 cups of butternut squash soup that has been combined with shredded chipotle chicken. (Both recipes you can find here on my blog) OR just use the leftover soup as the sauce.
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- about 3 cups shredded spinach
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cups re-fried Black Beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ground black pepper
- about 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
Pre-heat your oven to 350 and butter a casserole dish. You can use a non-stick spray if you want.
Mix together the spinach, parsley, tomatoes, onion, re-fried beans and garlic. Season with a bit of black pepper. Make sure your corn tortillas are warm and soft to ensure easy assembly. I microwave mine for a few minutes working with 6 at a time. Put a heaping tablespoon of the bean mixture in the middle of the tortilla and roll up. Place each one side by side in your casserole dish. Once all 12 have been assembled, spoon the butternut squash soup over them and top by sprinkling the shredded cheese. Cover with foil that has been sprayed with a non stick spray, this will keep the cheese from sticking. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Serve over a bed of shredded spinach and kale with a dollop of sour cream on top.